Would you like to see your work featured on Freelance Writing?
Freelance Writing is always seeking the most passionate writers who want to share their stories, insights, or advice.
Please email editor[at]freelancewriting[dot]com with a completed work and 2-3 recently published writing samples.
For your best chance at getting accepted, please carefully read our Writer’s Guidelines below.
For inspiration, browse through our Articles Section to see what we have recently published.
Please be aware that due to the high volume of submissions we receive daily, it might take us some time to get to your submission. If you do not receive a reply within two weeks, expect that your submission did not get approved. (Feel free to submit another article for consideration!)
Suggested word length: 800-1200 words per article.
Topics to Consider
- personal stories of common problems freelancers face and how to overcome them
- how to break into different markets, magazines, literary journals, etc.
- tricks to discovering new writing opportunities
- ways of capitalizing on your talents and writing skills
- how to pitch an idea or manuscript to an editor, a publisher, or literary agent
- helpful tips and advice on the craft of fiction writing, nonfiction writing, or poetry writing
- personal stories of working with freelancers
- what you look for in a freelance writer
- how you market yourself to freelancers
- typical jobs you need freelancers for
- tips for freelancers to score the job
- tips for freelancers to market themselves
- We ask that you write from personal experience using first-person narrative (“I”) and address our readers in second-person (“You”).
- You can write an article in any format: short or long form narrative. We prefer short form such as a List-style article: using subheadings, numbers, bullets, short paragraphs, concise language, and specific examples.
- Articles that we accept are specific: using sound, personal advice; quotes; statistics; Q&A from experts; real results; etc. to support the overall topic.
- Your article must be original and not duplicated content elsewhere. We will check to see if your work is published elsewhere.
You will receive an email if your article is accepted for publication. Once accepted, your work will be given to one of our editors for editing and formatting. When this process is complete, we will send you an email after your article goes live on our site. We will also promote your article on our Facebook, Twitter, Articles Section, and include it in our daily Morning Coffee Newsletter.
We encourage you to further share your article on your own social media channels. The more effort you make to promote your own work, the better exposure your writing will receive.
We look forward to reading your submissions!
The Freelance Writing Team