Are you in love with learning or teaching English?
Would you like your writing to make an impact on a big audience?
And would you like to be part of a team of top-notch language bloggers?
Then we have the perfect job for you.
We are a startup called FluentU. We help people learn languages through real-world videos like movie trailers, music videos, news, and inspiring talks: http://www.fluentu.com/.
We aim to create the best language blogs anywhere. We are looking for strong writers to contribute regularly to our blogs for English learning.
Our blogs already have hundreds of thousands of readers. Many of our posts get thousands of social shares. It's a great way to reach a big audience and build your online brand.
This is not a ghostwriting position and you would get full credit for your work, including a short bio at the end of your post.
You can take a look at our existing blog posts to get a sense of the style of the content that we would ask you to write:
We would request that you write at least one 1,200 word blog post per week at a rate of $70 USD per blog post. If you're looking for more writing work, you could write several posts per week.
• You should have significant (2 year+) firsthand experience learning or teaching English.
• You should write like a native English speaker.
• Tech-savvy — You would work in WordPress and our project management platform, CoSpot.
• Payment is done via PayPal.
To apply, please send an email to blogs [ at ] fluentu [ dot ] com and:
• Describe your experience with learning and/or teaching English
• Send writing samples (URLs of public blog posts preferred)
• Pitch headlines of potential topics for your first posts
If you're interested and you do an outstanding job, this can develop into a part-time or full-time editing position. Please mention if you think you would be interested in deepening our collaboration down the road.